Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I KNOW THERE ARE 100'S OF POSTS ON STRIPING, BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHATS WRONG. MY STRIPES COMING TOWARD YOU ARE GREAT (THE DARK ONES) THE ONES GOING AWAY ARE OK,BUT NOT CONSISTANT ALL THE WAY ACROSS. THE TIRE TRACKS STAND OUT, BUT THE MIDDLE DOES NOT LAY DOWN AS GOOD. I'M MOWING MOSTLY FESCUE AT 3.5 TO 4 INCHES, I HAVE A ROLLER ON A 60IN LAZER. CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME ADVICE ,SHOULD I LOWER THE ROLLER I'M RUNNING IT AT 1/2 OFF THE GROUND, OR TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON.
THANKS DUKE

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
are u allowing for the offset on the trim side. not trying to insult your intelligence...
same thing happened to me,until i figured out the problem... anyway its the only thing i can think that would make the stripes different.
by the way ,u are gonna hear[read] this unless i miss my guess.... caps is supposed to mean,, shouting.... truthfully, it dont sound any different to me,and my eyes arn t as good as they once were, so it might help me a bit. but that is what i understand to be the case,,from some on the forums...

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
my comment is my situation specific. the right chute side castor is lined up strait with the side of the cutting width. the left side castor is not lined up with the edge of the cut width,,,to allow for a trim side .
i was lining the castor up with cut edge on both sides. resulted in a good stripe one way a crappy ,more narrow stripe on the other side. like i say ,this may not be your problem ...but its the only thing i can think of ,,that might cause a mower to stripe well in one direction ,,but not the other..good luck.

·
Banned
787 Posts
hey, lperfection - pm john gamba- he is the master of lawn striping

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
If you can Post a Pic Of the Lawn Would Be Nice, Let Me see Where My Roller Is at In Height When I'm At 3.5 ".
John

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
I Have My Roller Level At the Bottom Bracket,I Will have a Pic Tomorrow For You. But It Sounds Like You Will Have to Bring it Down About A Quarter Inch Or So.

Are You Using The roller From Exmark?
John.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.