Lawn Care Forum banner

Any APPS to run your business

10K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Aura Lawns 
#1 ·
I am wondering if anyone out there is using an app on their smartphone for scheduling or that houses all customer information if so what are you using and how do you like it?

#27 ·
what company do you use for your Gps tracking?
Posted via Mobile Device
We use Navman wireless and it works extremely well. We set up email alerts for whenever any of our vehicles enter a vendor site, so any of our other employees know that they are there and can pick up material for them. It also tracks maintenance schedules and alerts you based on mileage or hours as to what piece of equipment needs serviced. It does a lot more than our older system and more than what we could ever ask for.
Posted via Mobile Device

#29 ·
quickbooks at home.

its about time on android to input expenses and invoices importable into quickbooks. tho invoices i usualy do at home.

trip log for milage tracking and taking snapshots of recepits that get backed up to the cloud

and a spreadsheet that i can put my weekly route in and just put x marks on the lines of customers i service. then once a month all i have to do is import it to quickbooks. takes days worth of paperwork and gets it down to about 5 minutes. thousands of transactions. i only have to import a file and its all done for me. rather than inputing each individual charge into quickbooks.

not to mention. my quickbooks file is stored on a server. i can access that server and have full blown quickbooks on my phone.

oh, and for routing. i just use mapquest route planner to plan the most efficient route. and then make a list on my phone of addresses in order. why people spend so much money on clip ill never understand
Can anybody beat this? app or no app. Birdseed this sounds like exactly what Im looking for. Do you still use this?

#32 ·
I use a combination of stuff. Couple apps on my phone and an excell spread i nade to import my route into quickbooks.

There are apps and services out there that do this better. But they cost monthly to use to do the same thing my spreadsheet does.

Pm me. You can call me at some point and i can send it to you and show you how to use it.
Posted via Mobile Device

#33 ·
Some day i may learn how to use the quickbooks api and build an app that do more. Shrugs. My spreadsheet works awesome. People plow for a few daya. Then spend a few more days in quickbooks. Its an hour for me. Max
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.