1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Any comments on QuickBooks "Online Edition"

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Cheryl, May 3, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I searched the threads and found comments and comparisons on other software. But no mention of "QuickBooks Online Edition"

I am doing my 30 day trial now, and so far, aside from some minor issues, I like it. The best part is I don't have to rely on keeping my data on my system, and I can access my data from anywhere I can access the web.

Is it the same as the stand-alone QuickBooks SW? I don't know. Ive never used QuickBooks SW.

Tell me what you think. I don't want to invest a lot of time, and then find out that the thing is a piece of @#$% when I load all my customers on it.

2. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I cant believe that no one is using this sw.

3. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

I would love to know as well.

4. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Tn are you using this sw now? or are you looking to try it?

5. DadsLawnCareInc

DadsLawnCareInc LawnSite Member

I use a Special (Free) version of the Quickbooks Simple Start Online Edition. It Has some limitations but works great for simple bookeeping. And my Accountant is able to log in and check/verify my bookeeping skills. I prefer the online version over the desktop versions for two major reasons. 1. Computer theft, my computers have been stolen before and I lost all my Data. 2. The ability to check/add something from any internet connection, at any location. This feature alone has helped me take vacations and still stay in the know. I recommend the online Edition. Others opinions may vary. Good Luck. T.M.