1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Any complaints about Kaw 29 DFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IHusky, Sep 7, 2007.

1. IHusky

IHusky LawnSite Senior Member

I will most likely pull the trigger on a TT with Kaw 29 DFI. I wish I could go Kubota diesel, but thats out of the budget. Any complaints on this engine before I go with it. Thank you.

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Not many complaints with that engine. I just wish it had the power of the big Briggs. I've run them side by side, the Briggs just seems much more powerful but I like the Kawasaki reputation for reliability. I wish it had just a little more power.

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Another big complaint.

It's a horizontal shaft engine which means Hustler won't use it.:angry:

4. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

what kind of price did they quote you ? My local dealer had a TT with the 26 Kubota diesel for I think it was $11,000. it was his demo

5. IHusky

New TT with kubota: $13,500
    New TT with 29 EFI: $10,400
    (both 61" decks)

My little Cub cuts like a mad man with the 19Kaw, so i think the 29 will be enough for me.

Tacoma200, I'm with you on Kaw, I just think that I would get more on resale with the kaw, not that i would want to sell a tt once its in my possession.:laugh:

Lawnspecialties, not too familar with Huslter, do they only use vertical shaft engines? I've read some good things about them here.

6. lawnspecialties

Yep, that's all they use. They tried a gearbox a few years ago so they could go with horizontal shaft engines, and not use a mule drive system, but the gearboxes were flops. So, I still run my 26 hp liquid-cooled Kawasaki's.

Kawasaki just recently came out with 34hp and a 37hp vertical shaft air-cooled engines but we're all still waiting on that option.

7. IHusky

Wow, Kawasaki 34 or 37 hp.:eek: :eek: :eek: on a Ztr. I think it would be overkill, but why not. Scag is now putting the 16 hp Kaw on thier 36 wb (IMO a little overkill). My 36 Husky has a 13 hp kaw and even in some pretty high/thick stuff it rarley bogs down.

8. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

Toro has the 17hp Kawi on their 36" Hydro.

9. lawnspecialties

I think Cub Cadet already has these big engines on the Tanks.

10. IHusky

Thats crazy!!!!!