any disagree with my price range for this?

OUTLANDER

LawnSite Senior Member
appreciate any input on ideas of your price range for a job like this...i know prices vary some from place to place, but just a ball park to kinda get an idea if im right and competitive....customer wants tier walls (2-4' walls approximately 150' - 200' depending on the shape of design, with steps up the side of the deck...anyway roughly im in the 10k - 15k range with this....leaning closer to 15k

242.jpg

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Do your calculations. Our thoughts are totally irrelevant.

Hours
Mats
Profit
Drive time
Loading / unloading time
Fuel
Daily clean up
Equipment
Permit
Engineer
Posted via Mobile Device

alexschultz1

LawnSite Bronze Member
How many days labor + your cost + what you want to make. Some jerk is going to one day tell you to charge next to nothing. You’re going to end up on the pointed end of an inclined plain rapped around an axis. Let just say it won't feel good. And if the feces hits the vertical oscillator remember to duck!
ahahahahaa!!!!

OP
O

OUTLANDER

LawnSite Senior Member
was considering making this area more natural with boulders and rock too, but either way i am going to be up near 15k i see.....dont think this customer can see it through yet, as he can not see it, or vision it........i may have to design and draw up some to make them understand what it can be:rolleyes:

bigslick7878

LawnSite Senior Member
was considering making this area more natural with boulders and rock too, but either way i am going to be up near 15k i see.....dont think this customer can see it through yet, as he can not see it, or vision it........i may have to design and draw up some to make them understand what it can be:rolleyes:
Let me get this straight....2-4 foot walls....150ft-200ft each right?

Oh and some steps to go all the way up to that high ass deck?

You aren't even close at 15k. The materials alone might cost that much.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I'm confused.

Ok, so you ask about price.

I respond and tell you exactly what you need to do to formulate a price.

You come back and appear as if you have a magic number fixed in your head :hammerhead: And then you make mention of design and the person's vision, not even touching on the job costing factor!! Almost like this is your first wall job you're pricing and you're excited about it. Which I probably would be too.

Exactly Where and how did you arrive at this number? Can you please make an itemized list showing where you're getting your number?

And you done already met with the home owner. And you're unsure of their vision? This is information you should have gathered from them within the 1st 15 minutes of being on their property! The problem with this is you may be trying to sell them a Cadillac when all they want is a Vega, which equates to you wasting your time....and their time :)

I ain't trying to be a behind, just trying to steer you in the right direction.

scagrider22

LawnSite Bronze Member
Only you can come up with an accurate price but I can tell you that your way off. I live 20 minutes from you and I just sold a wall thats 5'x200' (one tier) for $35k. And why are you asking us, didnt you come on here last week giving all of us professional advise on that patio thread that got deleted?

OP
O

OUTLANDER

LawnSite Senior Member
oh you guys seriously got this thread misunderstood.....i by far was looking for formulas or spacifics in estimating a job like this.....just thought there was some professional minds on here that liked to discuss this type of stuff..........i simply added this to talk about customers that may just want a ("serve the purpose") type of job quoted, and i dont like that really...........but wow $35k for that,thats pretty outragious:dizzy: just my opinion

OP
O

OUTLANDER

LawnSite Senior Member
what i would want to do to this job could exceed that amount i guess, but really dont know thats what im up against....however, what this guy wants from his vision i mean is around 15k just saying....just wanted some input.....not attitude...hahahaha:laugh: