1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any downside to displaying yout Lic. No.?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vencops, Jul 8, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I'm thinking about having signage made (trailer) up to display my state lic. #. It's not a requirement.

ANY down-side to doing this that I might not be thinking of?

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No Down side just an Up Side for any one wanting to steal your Identity.

3. johnroscoe

johnroscoe LawnSite Member

I'd add verbiage instead saying that you are, "Licensed, Bonded, and Insured as a Commercial Applicator in the state of North Carolina."

4. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

If the State doesn't mandate you displaying your number, then it doesn't really improve the status of the business. I can guarantee that the state inspector's know your number without looking at your vehicle.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

If i know your NC pesticide license # then i can find all the information on your application form. It is all public info.

6. vencops

from NC

That's the stuff I was looking for guys.

I appreciate your input.

7. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I don't even have to know your number. If I know your last name then I can look up your pest. number and get all the information that way.

8. vencops

from NC

So, how would this information (from public record) help anyone? I'm wondering what's to be afraid of.

9. jgoddard8409

jgoddard8409 LawnSite Member

By searching your name or company name, thats what the ncdoa website is for, to let a homeowner make sure you are lisenced as you told them.