Any Echo Reps out here.. P.O.S Carbs.. Idle & Bog Issuses

GT012

LawnSite Member
Ever since Echo went to the Orange engine covers, their equipment suck.
Carbs are the worst and are expensive to replace. Giving up on Echo and going Stihl now. Parts are cheaper to replace. Line trimmers either won't idle or bog at full trottle. Replace Carb ($60. Bucks verse $30 for Stihl), idles now but still bogs down. Ready to throw theses P.O.S. to the curb..!!! Anyone got any ideas that will help for now..??

Echo Reps, lost a LONG time customer..!! Hello Stihl.....

pdreibels

LawnSite Senior Member
Ever since Echo went to the Orange engine covers, their equipment suck.
Carbs are the worst and are expensive to replace. Giving up on Echo and going Stihl now. Parts are cheaper to replace. Line trimmers either won't idle or bog at full trottle. Replace Carb ($60. Bucks verse $30 for Stihl), idles now but still bogs down. Ready to throw theses P.O.S. to the curb..!!! Anyone got any ideas that will help for now..??

Echo Reps, lost a LONG time customer..!! Hello Stihl.....
Was in the same boat as you...already dumped my echo trimmers and switched to Stihl. I really loved echo and still prefer them to the stihl trimmers I now have. But just can't afford the wasted time, money, and frustration that comes with them
Posted via Mobile Device

ed2hess

LawnSite Fanatic
There is NO PROBLEM with the carb on the orange equipment. They got a high and low adjustment. I don't know whatelse is needed. And they can be cleaned and insides replaced for $13. I got 8 of em and only complaint is weight. OBW we run265 series.

dboyd351

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have you tried cleaning the exhaust screen, exhaust port, air filter and new fuel filter/lines? Bogging with a new carb sounds like a restriction somewhere. Worth a shot.

oqueoque

LawnSite Fanatic
I have gone through a couple of the orange ones and I still have one old grey one that is over ten years old. I bought my first redmax this year

pdreibels

LawnSite Senior Member
Have you tried cleaning the exhaust screen, exhaust port, air filter and new fuel filter/lines? Bogging with a new carb sounds like a restriction somewhere. Worth a shot.
I did all of these things as well as the carb rebuild. Only got a day or 2 of smoother running before more problems. Sometimes not even that much. I wasn't gonna pay $60 for a new carb just to have the same problem
Posted via Mobile Device

chesterlawn

LawnSite Senior Member
I have one it's the biggest one, I forget the model number. About once a week it bogs down and I have to give the adjustment screw about a 1/4 turn either way and it runs great. It is a super small screw so you need a very small screwdriver.

Top Forums