Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
John Deere used them oin their small diesels for years and may still.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Flex-Deck (Brad) has a lot of experiece with these on John Deere 400 & 500 series tractors. He would probably be able to give the best field report on them for mowing use. But as I recall... they have treated him very well and lived extremely long lives.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yanmar makes a very good engine. Finding one in any piece of equipment is a plus in my book!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I noticed on their website, that they make a vertical shaft twin cylinder diesel.
This might be a big winner on a Z if the 16 - 18 hp would be enough.
Not sure how that stacks up to a gas motor. :confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
TMlawncare said:
I have one on my dixie chopper. Its is a great engine. 400+ hour oil changes and a 10000 hour engine life. How can you beat that.
TM,

How does your diesel powered DC compare with the 32 hp Generac model? I am assuming you have the 72" DC. Also, the diesel mower being heavier, does it handle differently than the 72" gas engine version? Do you get heat from the radiator right behind you? With the price of gas, I now wish I had looked into the diesel DC before I bought my 32 hp Extreme last fall. How much fuel does your diesel burn per hour. My 32 hp gas engine burns around 2.5 gal per hour.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Good Engines. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.