• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Any experiences with Fertrell Turf Products?

JasonPC

LawnSite Member
Hey! Wondering if any of you have used Fertrell turf products (granular). Their price point is good and they're not biosolids. I'm also looking at Nutrients Plus but I don't love that some of their products have biosolids and another has a carcinogenic pre-em in it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!nn:rolleyes:

Jay

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
Hey! Wondering if any of you have used Fertrell turf products (granular). Their price point is good and they're not biosolids. I'm also looking at Nutrients Plus but I don't love that some of their products have biosolids and another has a carcinogenic pre-em in it. Any input would be greatly appreciated!nn:rolleyes:

Jay
Fertrell has very good organic fertilizers.

Regarding Nutrients PLUS. Yes, many NP products make use of EPA Grade A Biosolids and 3 blends do include Prodiamine for those who chose to use it. I understand that to some these products may be controversial. For some edification, please read the following links.

http://www.nutrientsplus.com/npcus1/pdf/MSDS5-5-0wCAV.pdf

http://www.recycledorganics.com/infosheets/3pqc/IS3-06.pdf

For those who chose to meet NOFA standards, Tech Terra Organics offers many products that meet their specifications. Some examples are OMRI listed Nutrients PLUS Nature Pure 4-4-2, several blends of NOP listed granular and liquid fertilizers soil amendments and weed control products, and EPA Exempt products.

Keep in mind that we have not lived in an uncontaminated world for a very long time and many natural products are very dangerous. For instance we dropped a OMRI listed product recently because it could cause permanent eye damage. Everything has risks and benefits, nothing is completely good or bad, everything is connected to everything else.

Our goal is to provide the Green Industry with affordable, effective options that will reduce dependency on pesticides & salt based fertilizers. We feel we can make the biggest impact by offering products that will help the majority of lawn care providers easily make the transition to organic based and organic programs.

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Although I already have a supplier, I just took a look at the Fertrell website. They have no labels posted. That's not good. How are you supposed to know what you're buying or using?

dallen

LawnSite Member
FWIW, I visited Fertrell several years ago while working on a pelletized rock phosphate. This was shortly after 9/11 and I'll never, ever again carry on any type of fertilizer. I got everything short of a rectal probe. Was thoroughly impressed with Dave Mattox and the Fertrell crew in general.