• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Any good advise on protecting yourself from being blasted by grass?

pjslawncare/landscap

LawnSite Bronze Member
You know what I mean. Several of my large acounts along the river here get so windy, when I make the pass where my discharge faces into the wind, that grass just blasts me big time. I get it in the face, down my shirt, every where. Ive tried wrap around glasses and deflectors with little effect, but I was wondering if any body has any other methods of protection short of wrapping your self up like a mummy. The acount in particular is very hilly and the wind seems to rush down and pick up the clippings & blast me. I look like a green monster when Im done. Pull into a gas station or store, whip out my walet and dump a hadfull of grass on the counter. :alien:

Eric 1

LawnSite Bronze Member
Originally posted by pjslawncare/landscap
. Pull into a gas station or store, whip out my walet and dump a hadfull of grass on the counter. :alien:
Man i dont have that kind of a problem. But its still funny.:laugh:

mowerman90

LawnSite Bronze Member
Have you considered a mulching mower? It would solve your problem. Why not demo one.

Pecker

LawnSite Bronze Member
Or you could just put a mulch kit on the mower you already have? Since mulching, that problem has pretty much been eliminated for me. Hope it helps