• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Any helpful advice? On zoning your fixtures and making a promotional bideo

OP
enhance landscaping

enhance landscaping

LawnSite Member
I meant to include that I will be filming a promotional company video this weekend. Any advice or experiences?

Any facts that a professionally install LED lighting system could raise a property’s value by 10%? I believe it does.
So if a customer spends 1-2% of their home’s actual value to increase it’s market value by 10%. I try and explain it to a prospective client.

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Any facts that a professionally install LED lighting system could raise a property’s value by 10%? I believe it does.
So if a customer spends 1-2% of their home’s actual value to increase it’s market value by 10%. I try and explain it to a prospective client
Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine using this line of reasoning on any of my prospects.

Further, I believe that landscape lighting would only be an enhancement and probably not bring any dollar value in resale. And your logic seems a little off that a client could spend 1 or 2 % and add more than that to the value of their home. Typically, a home improvement only adds a percentage of its cost to the home and few improvements add more than 50%.

OP
enhance landscaping

enhance landscaping

LawnSite Member
Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine using this line of reasoning on any of my prospects.

Further, I believe that landscape lighting would only be an enhancement and probably not bring any dollar value in resale. And your logic seems a little off that a client could spend 1 or 2 % and add more than that to the value of their home. Typically, a home improvement only adds a percentage of its cost to the home and few improvements add more than 50%.
I think you could make that claim in some circumstances though. But if you don’t think so, no need for me to explain it.

trailboss

LawnSite Member
Illumicare makes a very good RF zoning kit called Merlin. It will not control individual fixtures, but it will control separate transformers and separate circuits.
Hey James! I don't see the RF zoning kit on the Illumicare website. Has it been discontinued?

Night Owl

LawnSite Member
Illumicare's website hasn't been updated in forever. No idea why - I've bugged them about it in the past and nothing changes. It's disappointing if you're trying to spec their stuff and you can't easily access information

starry night

LawnSite Platinum Member
Illumicare's website hasn't been updated in forever. No idea why - I've bugged them about it in the past and nothing changes. It's disappointing if you're trying to spec their stuff and you can't easily access information
Yes their website needs work. My browser of choice is Firefox and I can't even get into their website using it. I have to switch over to Chrome. I alerted them about this months ago and there has been no correction.