Any idea what to bid this Government run historcal house?

Discussion in 'Bidding, Estimating and Pricing' started by dom200, Sep 30, 2019.

1. dom200

dom200 LawnSite Member

I was thinking $300 per week for mowing and property maintaince which would include cleaning trash, weed beds, trimming hedges, cleaning sticks, and making sure everything is neat here is a few pictures. Let me know what you guys think thanks. There are some pretty big beds and a lot of trees might be there around 2 hours each time? Thanks again

FB00CF03-7BBA-4D04-A75D-86FA35D65103.jpeg

507D6A18-B7E1-41DE-A3E4-B1DFEA805A96.jpeg

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Do they have restrictions on when you can mow?

Do they have tours open to the public? Could be lots of trash pick up.

$300 for 2 hours ain't bad.

3. OP
    OP
    dom200

dom200 LawnSite Member

Hey yes, Monday-Friday 7-5pm work must be done. There may or may not be people there. There is usually a lot of trash outside but I highly doubt any on the inside due to it being fenced in.

4. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

I think your underestimating your time.

The garden bed work is a lot slower then mowing. Are you licensed to apply pesticides? With out them your going to spend a good amount of time hand weeding.

5. OP
    OP
    dom200

dom200 LawnSite Member

I’m not, sadly, they wanted a quote for that but said if I’m unable to they can get a company who just does pesticides. As well as the fact that they have many rules when it comes to when you can apply them, reading over the forum they sent it seems like even with the pesticides I would need to do some hand weeding.

hort101 likes this.
  6. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Did you consider prevailing wages

7. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

Unless you know someone odds are they will pass your bid up for a company that will be able to complete all services.

It's correct hand weeding is always gonna happen. But you can limit it with proper use of pesticides. Also the ability to use pgrs will help your time on them shrub trimming s.

8. OP
    OP
    dom200

dom200 LawnSite Member

in terms of if my guys are on the books or if they getting paid a just amount?

9. OP
    OP
    dom200

dom200 LawnSite Member

I will just send it and see what happens. Don’t need it, we are busy enough. Just thought I’d ask some of you guys your thoughts on government work.

10. BigJlittleC

from Chicago

My thoughts on government work. Bid to the specs listed only do what's stated on the contract. Everything else is a new price. Make sure your up to snuff insurance, workman's comp, local licenses, etc. Or your just wasting your time. They will check and if they think your not able to complete your bid goes into the trash.