Any Ideas on how to pick up leaf out of thick ivy

makktruck

LawnSite Member
Trying to figure out a new way to increase productivity for my yards that have thick ivy areas/patches with leafs. Right now I use a Stihl kombi system blower with a kmr90 powering it. It does the job but takes FOREVER. What do you do???

LandFakers

LawnSite Fanatic
I just blow the S*** out of it with the walk behind blower. It usually come out pretty easy.

recycledsole

LawnSite Gold Member
i Have the kombi blower and i upgraded to the stihl br600. it is a huge difference. i even have the km130, which is stronger then your 90. i also have a walk behind blower 13hp (390cc honda engine). the stihl back pack blower br600 works alot better for getting the leaves of out ivy, but if its a ton of sq ft of ivy i might use the walk behind blower.
the back pack blower is a huge different from the kombi blower. it youre going to be doing fall clean ups, it will help out alot.
thanks

Monroe74

LawnSite Senior Member
Have one person gently rake while the other blows it out.
You wont get every last leaf unless you pick it out by hand

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Like others have said, just blow it out. Move the blower tube around, up and down, etc. Ivy areas will take longer than the turf, but you should get most of the leaves out. The remainder leaves usually just settle under the ivy.