1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

any ideas

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by slowleak, Mar 28, 2003.

1. slowleak

slowleak LawnSite Member
    from 63055

i'm bidding a job here in the st.l. mo. area. my customer wants mulch put down. i'm going to give her the 2 inch bid along with the 3 inch bid. she's been complaining about weeds etc...she owns a huge house with southern exposure where i'm going to do the install. total area,1556 sq. ft. or about 10 yds for 2 inch. 15 or so for the 3 inch cover. here's my question. she also wants some plants installed,what is the going rate for planting a shrubbery,some bulbs..etc. ? or how do i work that into my labor along with the mulching. also trying to sell her a monthly maint service. how would you guys (gals) do it.? any help would be greatly appreciated. kevin:confused:

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

double all material an figure up the hours it took an times that by the labor rate. very easy , have funn

3. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on the customer, I charge either a flat labor rate per hour plus a material handling charge, or one price for all the work. I like the flat rate per hour better.