Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. This is my second time posting this question. This time i would like some replys. If you didn't se it the first time i'm asking people who know a little more than me what i need to look for in a used mower. I'm looking at a used ex-mark lazer Z. They are asking $2000. I have no details as of yet(condition, hours, etc.) When i talk to the current owner i would like to know what to ask and what to look for in this mower. This time i would like someone to reply.

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
I would first find out the number of hours on it before you take a look at it for you can find out information regarding the price. You should also talk to an accountant regarding the depreciation value of equipment over the years.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ask for maintenance records. I keep records on all of my equipment. If they have them, that's a good sign.

·
Banned
1,647 Posts
can't help you, never bought used equipment.

But I would think that you would want to know how old it is? How often it was used?

Check the belts, blade spindles ( wobble ) Fluids ( dirty, smell burnt )

Try the machine out. Even if on pavement.

Listen for any engine noises and so on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.