1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

any info on this

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RSK2, Dec 29, 2005.

1. RSK2

RSK2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Hi Guy's

I am looking for any info or pic of any trailers that have
    a back gate that goes in the bed of a truck so you can back
    a z in it and dump it any info will help. thanks

ROBERT

2. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

There was a thread about this, on here, about a year ago. I am trying to remember. I can't think of the guy's name, right now, but he was from Canada...I believe it was British Columbia. He had several pictures of the operation. If I remember correctly, he was using Walkers. Front and back gates on the trailer. He would bac-up the rear ramp and through the front of the trailer onto the bed of the truck to dump the load. The front of the trailer was also a gate...the same as the rear of any normal trailer. I suppose that it is just a matter of mechanics and engineering. Do a search, or maybe someone else will come on with the info as they remember it. Good Luck.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I have seen ONE picture of a trailer with this setup, and the person fabricated it himself. When you say "and dump it" do you want a dump trailer that will accomplish this? Either way you will need to fabricate the setup yourself or find a local fab. shop that will do it for you.