Any ISX800 issues

Tim M

LawnSite Member
So the ISX800 has been out for a year. It seems like an incredible machine and I'm close to getting one now or possibly spring when the grass starts growing wild again. New models sometimes have issues. I'm at the point where I can get this years model and hope some updates have taken place along the way. Or wait another month or two for next years model that may be at a higher cost. Ferris/Stratton may have short and long term goals to address. Putting enough money in the books or trying to get more market share.

Some older threads talk about belts breaking/being thrown on ferris mowers but that was years ago . I'm hoping Ferris made all the necessary changes for a more reliable machine.

For the guys with these machines, how many hours do you have on them and what has gone wrong? Did any updates take place ?

I'm just a homeowner but at the point I'm going 8000ish in I want to have all the bases covered. I plan on having this mower for 2-3 years at least and it seems that it will lose 40-50% of its value with a few hundred hours on it. Thanks

SMC LC

LawnSite Member
So the ISX800 has been out for a year. It seems like an incredible machine and I'm close to getting one now or possibly spring when the grass starts growing wild again. New models sometimes have issues. I'm at the point where I can get this years model and hope some updates have taken place along the way. Or wait another month or two for next years model that may be at a higher cost. Ferris/Stratton may have short and long term goals to address. Putting enough money in the books or trying to get more market share.

Some older threads talk about belts breaking/being thrown on ferris mowers but that was years ago . I'm hoping Ferris made all the necessary changes for a more reliable machine.

For the guys with these machines, how many hours do you have on them and what has gone wrong? Did any updates take place ?

I'm just a homeowner but at the point I'm going 8000ish in I want to have all the bases covered. I plan on having this mower for 2-3 years at least and it seems that it will lose 40-50% of its value with a few hundred hours on it. Thanks
I love mine. It has around 90 hours. The two belt deck system seemed redundant to me at first but having dealt with an ICD 52" that did not have it (had 3 belt issues in less than 350 hours) I appreciate the upgrade. It seems to act as a buffer for PTO engagement or running into thick material.

It's important you get your tire pressure figured out and deck leveled. My dealer had about an inch difference in cutting height between trim side and discharge. The operator platform is a little snug (I'm 5'8) and the foot pedal is a bit awkward but overall manageable. I have the 52" with the fs730v.

MVIMG_20190615_192758309.jpg