Any long term Puffer Air Ride owners out there?

Mobius396

LawnSite Member
I recently hurt my back, and am about to pull the trigger on a Puffer Air Ride. Any long term owners with any input?
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
Had mine for a year with zero issues so far. It gets ABUSED on one of my commercial properties weekly. If it broke tomorrow I would order another !!!

OP
M

Mobius396

LawnSite Member
I talked with Mark (I think) at Puffer, he seemed like a great guy. He told me to give it a try and if I don't love it, send it right back to him and he'd refund my money. You can't beat that deal, so I ordered one today. Hopefully it'll be here by the weekend. I'll keep you guys posted.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
M

Mobius396

LawnSite Member
Got my air ride this afternoon. Took about 1.5 hours to install. I could've easily gotten it done in 1/2 hour, but I had my 3 year old "helping" me. The instructions are in color, and very good.

I cut 2 lawns with it so far. All I can say is wow! I wish I would've gotten this a long time ago. It's worth every penny and then some. If anyone is on the fence, pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device

fatboynormmie

LawnSite Bronze Member
Got my air ride this afternoon. Took about 1.5 hours to install. I could've easily gotten it done in 1/2 hour, but I had my 3 year old "helping" me. The instructions are in color, and very good.

I cut 2 lawns with it so far. All I can say is wow! I wish I would've gotten this a long time ago. It's worth every penny and then some. If anyone is on the fence, pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now start playing around with making the air bladder soft and spongy while using your legs pushing off the floor plate to help cushion the ride over the rough stuff. I never really run mine pumped up hard. Running it soft makes for a very comfy ride while keeping the seat height down. If you start hitting some hills and need a lower seat height drop all the air out of the bladder for more stability.

1striper1

LawnSite Senior Member
Want to resurrect this thread before I pull the trigger on one.

Any new input on these or is there another option out the beyond a $600 Grammer or Milsco seat?

1striper1

LawnSite Senior Member
Just a heads up for anybody considering a Puffer. I tried one on my Kubota Z726X and it raised my seat too high for it to be comfortable for my surgically repaired left knee. If I had longer legs it wouldn't have been an issue.

Returning it wasn't a problem, BUT, the company deducts $30 from how much you paid for it ($399) and only gave me back $369. Apparently they don't refund you how much it cost them to ship it to you ($30).

Nowhere did I see that it was $369 + $30 non-refundable shipping cost. Their website says $399 shipped.

It cost ME $30 to ship it back to them via USPS. So in essence I'm only getting back $339 of the $399 I paid for it.

If you think that this is all fair well then I think you need to get yourself more familiar with today's e-commerce world. The days of not getting a full refund are long gone.

It's a fine product...easy to install and everything. But their return policy stinks IMO.

Top Forums