Lawn Care Forum banner

Any Mulch only companies?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Team Gopher 
#1 ·
Will my company lose money if I only mulch lawns?

#2 ·
Hey guy. welcome to the site. By your posts I can tell your on the young side. If you are looking to get responses your gonna have to be more specific with your questions. Why do you think you'll lose money mulching? Are you leaving clumps on your lawns? Are other companies mulching also? :cool:

#3 ·
That's all I and several companies I know of do. It will depend on particular turf conditions and even equipment being used.
If you mow when grass is longer than usual (usually Spring) you may have to do some double cutting.
Even this time of year (leaves), I'm mulching only, frequency of cutting has slowed down, but I've agreement with many customers to 'mow' anyway so leaves get chopped up and lawn stays clean.
If you are doing any properties with an enormous amount of trees/leaves, you may not be able to do this. But I have 'started' new accounts at this time of year on lawns that've been 3' thick in leaves. Takes about three times longer, but I just keep mulching till it looks presentable to me, of course you've got to charge accordingly.
Your equipment really has to be good at mulching if you're going to be a mulch only company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.