Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been talking to my local Lesco dealer about a system for next year. I was considering going all liquid but they say to go granular and spot spray weeds. How many of you use granular products and then just walk behind and spot spray broadleaf weeds? What equipment are you using?

·
Registered
324 Posts
The answer to your question is how big are your props and how many weeds do they have and do they have any disease pressure.

If you backpack a couple of 20K yards, you will quickly find out what you want to do.

Or, at least, I know I can answer this question for myself.

EG

·
Registered
296 Posts
one of my buddy's does that all grany fert then he made a sprayer for spot spraying, i think its like a 50 gal tank hooked up to a surflo pump and then he hooked it up to a garden hose and to an old presure washer gun. low budget but seems to do a good job.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I asked the same question the other day to my Lesco man, wanting to get a start on next year. I was told to go liquid pre-em's (not granular) said the coverage was better with liquid and go all granular ferts. Also the prices for liquid was better. :confused:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Originally posted by T.E.
I asked the same question the other day to my Lesco man, wanting to get a start on next year. I was told to go liquid pre-em's (not granular) said the coverage was better with liquid and go all granular ferts. Also the prices for liquid was better. :confused:
There is some merit to what the Lesco rep told you. The liquids also allow you to apply heavier in the hot spots and go lighter in shady areas where the CG pressure will be lighter. Remember though that the liquids will stick to the grass blades, and could be removed by mowing or be broken down by sunlight before they are watered into the soil (where they need to be). Granular pre-ems tend to fall below the turf canopy. With granular formulations, you are also paying for the carrier. Some granular pre-ems ON FERT are priced pretty close to what a liquid would cost.....

I guess it all depends on what you are comfortable using, taking into consideration the equipment you have, how much control you have over the mowing, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.