Any of you guys every try and market in next door app?

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Grnt324, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Senior Member

Im trying to get get some lawns on a new customer deal in my own neighborhood and the neighboring neighborhoods. Anyone on nextdoor app and if so do you advertise in them?

2. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

Kinda, it is like facebook for neighbors.

3. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Gold Member

I get ran off there so I quit I’ve had a couple customers recommend me and replied to requests for recommendations But I don’t think I’ve really picked up much off there it’s totally area specific though.

hort101 likes this.
  4. Greencuts518

Greencuts518 LawnSite Fanatic

It works well if the community doesn't give you a hard time about marketing. No problem in my area but I've heard of others having problems. Only post once a month or maybe twice a month for seasonal clean ups etc.

hort101 likes this.
  5. Keith4216

Keith4216 LawnSite Member

I use it all the time. Check it daily for people looking for services I offer. Post in February I'll be taking new customers. Post when it's time to cut palms. Post for mulching etc.
    I just posted last week for window boarding and storm clean up.
    A lot of neighbors don't relize I do A lot more then just mow grass. It's gotten me A lot of work and spread my name around the neighborhood.

6. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

It's a good tool, but don't spam it.

- Reply to threads from potential clients looking for help
    - Occasionally post your service (don't come off tacky or spammy, keep it occasional)
    - Be active. Post on there genuinely not just to promote, but to help other folks when you can
    - It's tacky to promote your business on threads that aren't asking for service.

I don't often promote on Nextdoor, but we have many happy clients that do for us, which is much better than self promoting.

Hope this helps

hort101 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Senior Member

Im not really looking to promote much on there. More like 2 times a year, at the times I am trying to do first and last pre-emergent apps. Mainly trying to target my neighborhood and the one just next to me to get a close tight route by my house. This is just running a promotion lawn app for the pre-emergent with hoping to gain a few customers. I am small and part time and would be excited to add a total of 10 lawns overall. Im looking at this route instead of trying the door hanger or direct mailer route.

8. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah it is a good tool for that. I see some guys promoting on there what seems like every day and you can tell the community has pretty much tuned them out.

If you are in it for the long haul, try be active and friendly on there and other members will start mentioning your name on posts looking for help.