1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

any of you use griggs brother fertilizer?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, Dec 13, 2010.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

spoke to the reps last Tuesday and they seem to have impressive liquid fert.

2. BShaffer

BShaffer LawnSite Member

Ant,

Griggs, was developed by an old golf course superintendent named Gary Griggs. He developed a "full line" of products that have been used on golf courses for years. Most superintendents use them as a "additive" with a solid granular program on their sand based greens. There are many different thoughts but most of the time these products are foliar sprays at rates of 1/10th to 1/8th lb of N. on a weekly or biweekly spray. They can be expensive depending upon usage. My personal feeling is U-flex or u-maxx and add what you need according to soil tests. Good Luck.

3. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

The Griggs brother products are very high end and therefore very, very expensive.

I priced a 16-4-8 granular for a sports turf bid and almost had a heart attack when the only distributor gave me a price for per pallet, well over $ 1700 for one pallet,picked up,not even delivered.
    Posted via Mobile Device