Any one See Paver Pete this year?

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I saw their caravan goin through Virginia last Friday.

3 Tractor trailers followed by Pete in his pick up with covered trailer.

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Yes. But not exclusively.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
I'm going to go to this just to meet this paver Pete. I grabbed a brochure for their Canadian one from a supplier last week. Will have to go pick it out of the trash.
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I saw Peter today.

He was very well behaved, none of the negativity like last years show in MD.

He did a good job. He gets to have a bonus recess today!

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
Andrew- What was the project they outlined?
Some project with loads and loads of block. And of course the permeable drivewAy. The end result was nice I have to admit.

But the landscape planting was dreadful. The type of bad planting this if it was posted on this forum I would have spent 15 minutes typing away about how lacking and bland it is.

Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
DVS Between just me and you: do you feel Pete is as knowledgeable about hardscapes as you and I are?
Thats a broad term. "hardscapes". In terms of the structural aspects of the job and materials - absolutely he is, if not more. In terms of creating cool patterns with inlays and borders - he is far more knowledgeable than I could ever dream of being.

Matt, you keep mentioning that Pete harps that he has installed pavers in 7 countrys and 55 states. When Pete is referencing this, he's not referencing this to claim how great he is. He's referencing this to express that he has seen just about every scenerio imagionable. I live in a corner of 3 states, with a 4th state closeby. So I have installed pavers in 4 states. Big wow. No one cares, including myself. But what does matter is that I have been around the block. Some of our own jobs have required us to come back and do repairs. We have a job we did in 2008 that I have a hunch we're going to have to rip out the steps and start over, this will involve me buying all the materials. I've been called to repair work by others. I've been called as an expert witness twice for litigation against other contractors. I've been to jobs with challanging scenerios and have figured out how to overcome the challanges. Over the years it accumulates to be a ridiculous amount of knowledge in my head. When I'm doing an initial consultation for a homeowner and we're standing in their backyard staring at the ground, my mind is racing with past experiences, past observations, stories shared on Lawnsite, etc., knowledge that the previous contractor with only 5 yrs experience that just met with the client could never come close to. What I just described is what I believe Pete is meaning when he says he's installed pavers in 7 counteries and 62 states. Most paver manufacturer's sales reps and sales managers extent of paver installation is limited to building displays at the plant and at their dealers display areas.

Where I do believe Pete may lag is on site prep. But thats ok, he's not an excavating supervisor, he's a concrete seller. He's a great person for lighting a fire under our butts for getting out there and husteling sales and cranking out a marketing program. No other paver manufacturer has any reps that can crack the whip like he can.

Last edited: