Any one with experience with a screening bucket?

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
I had talked to JPeterson and he was not impressed with it. I've always thought they were crazy spendy and didn't have a lot of production capacity but a neat idea.

OP
ksss

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
Sounds like north of 25K. I have some "potential" work for one with a municipality. I have been talking to an owner of one in SD who also has a relationship with Ken Burns Inc. I was also concerned about productivity with one. It sounds like this model depending on conditions can empty in the time it takes to take a bucketful. Wet conditions can take about 30 sec or longer. Is Peterson still on here?

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah J is still here.

If you could find one at auction or at firesale then it's a lot easier to go for it.

How about something like the OMH Proscreen?

OP
ksss

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
Yeah J is still here.

If you could find one at auction or at firesale then it's a lot easier to go for it.

How about something like the OMH Proscreen?
Yea I am kinda looking around. I found an excavator mounted Allu on IP. I would rather not pay 25K unless I can line up some more work for one.

MOREDIRT

LawnSite Member
i had one on demo from ken burns i think it was the l85 or l75 for me it was too slow if the material is dry it works good but if its wet forget it. A skid burns too much fuel for the amount of material you process. It would be good for a special niche thing like processing a small amount at different locations but your not going to load out dump truck loads of screened to soil very fast. You can buy a nice used screen for the price of one of these.

ioilyouin

LawnSite Senior Member