• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Any opinions on a 48" Stander (Wright Mfg)?

Grass Master

LawnSite Senior Member
The Great Dane Super Surfer is a better, faster unit with a floating easy to adjust deck much like a zero turn rider.

There is a $600 factory "pre-season" rebate as well.

FYI....

Tbarchaser

LawnSite Senior Member
I would not say the Surfer is better!
I demoed both and chose the stander, built better, handles slopes better, better balance and it feels a whole lot more stable.

I have a 42" and I plan on another this year.

bigshoe

LawnSite Member
I looked at both this weekend at the power show, I am personally leaning towards the super surfer no particular reason I just liked it more. Both look like they would be great machines though.

bayfish

LawnSite Senior Member
I looked at a 48"Stander at a trade show in Baltimore last Wednesday. Looks like a quality mower and is comfortable to stand on. The standing platform has some travel to it to cushion some of the bumps, or was that the Sentar. Not sure now. I was impressed with the design and the build of both. Looks very sturdy

brucec32

LawnSite Platinum Member
Anyone have any stability problems on 36" model? I know they're pretty narrow. I live in Florida now so won't be using them on tons of hills, but there are built up berms and such to deal with. I like the fact that they're short and compact and I can fit more mowers on my rig.

Del9175

LawnSite Senior Member
I have put about 7 hours on a 52' that I bought a month ago. I really enjoy it. It really is a solid built machine. I haven't used it in any heavy growth yet, but I'm confident that it will be more than enough mower for the accounts I service.

Tbarchaser

LawnSite Senior Member
Hay fairway,
Exmark has nothing to do with Wright Mfg.

I would look at the 36" to 48" in a Stander and look at the Sentar for 52" and up
My personal choice is a 42" 17 kaw Stander and a 61" Sentar with a 25 kaw