1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any reasonably priced, quality software?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IHI, Jan 24, 2007.

1. IHI

IHI LawnSite Member

It's time for me to get real serious about the biz. I've been able to get away with excel and word. But now, I need a true landscape software. I unfortunately can't drip 1400 on the Pro ? landscape right now. Are there any others that are decent?

2. simps21

simps21 LawnSite Member

How big is your business? What functions do you need the software to perform. The reason I ask, is that I have a real simple software (still in the works) for creating invoices and record keeping. If mowing is a large part of your business this is a great solution for creating invoices. After the initial setup the typing is cut down to practically nothing. whold you be interested??

3. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

im in the same boat, need the software, just not ready to dish out the price!

4. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

Check out http://www.lawnprosoftware.com

I used it my first couple of seasons but outgrew it (over 100 accounts and using credit cards, etc.) I loved it! Now use Gopher and QuickBooks Pro.

5. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn Pro Software is the way to go

6. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Master Landscape Pro is good for Landscape Designs and it is affordable and does a professional job

7. slowpoe

slowpoe LawnSite Member

Simps21 I may be interested. But I am interested in tracking #'s to.

I need something for Invoices,billing,buss cost tracking (gas,mower parts,truck parts,ins., etc.) & allso incoming. Something that I can keep track of the #'s better. I want to see what it actually cost to run a mower for a yr. & track every cost of running a mostly mowing,shrub trimming,leaf clean up,snowplowing type of buss. with under 75 costomers.
    I want to be able to keep track of time spent in each lawn to see which lawns are more profitable .

Im guessing I may need a more expensive software.

can any body tell me if Quickbooks pro will do all of this or which one will.
    I really do not want to spend more than $200:confused:

8. simps21

simps21 LawnSite Member

Excel will do the job. I just made up a spread sheet in excel to calculate how much it cost you a day to run a certain piece of equipment and all other cost that i need to get back every day. You just need purchace price/life expectancy/estimate on how many hours or days used. You then will know an approx. # you need to get for certain tasks. Excel is very helpful and can do a ton of different tasks. The software i am building is more for billing, but i will look into putting an overhead estimater in it.