1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Any recommendation on rotors for 2009 silverado

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ed2hess, Jul 7, 2019.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

2. Mudly

Mudly LawnSite Senior Member

Good Lord no, visit your dealer

dieselss likes this.
  3. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

The majority of them that you find will all be subpar unless you spend big money and that's still no guarantee you will get good ones. I would just buy the local ones because the shipping fees will be high. Most likely the same quality either way. And locally you can see what you are getting to make sure it is the correct part. For other automotive parts look at Ebay instead of RockAuto, you will find much better deals.

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Eric502

Eric502 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Kentucky

When it comes to brakes.... I have found that in my experience and three different vehicles that the Centric brand rotors, calipers and pads (fleet level pads specifically) greatly outperform any other brand or setup I have ever used.

ed2hess likes this.
  5. get-n-by

get-n-by LawnSite Member

My first and last experience with "Rock Auto" was a let down. I ordered there pad and rotor set for the front and back. The parts looked great but when I put them on the car the NEW ROTORS were warped right out of the box. So I went to O'rileys and bought there rotors and they were spot on.

ed2hess likes this.
  6. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

I only use rock autos china parts when I work on other peoples cars....:D

I go to Napa for my personal vehicles unless it’s Sunday then I’ll go to orileys

7. OP
    OP
    ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Any input on Advanced Auto........we buy a lot of stuff from them since they are about quarter mile from our shop. With the number of stores they have in austin they can get almost any part same day.

8. Mumblingboutmowers

Mumblingboutmowers LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty much same stuff as Autozone, but with a higher cost. At least in my area. The only time I go to Advanced is if Autozone or Napa doesn't have what I need (when I need to buy in person).

GrassManKzoo likes this.