1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Any southern guys scheduling next week around the hurricane

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HacMan91, Sep 3, 2004.

1. HacMan91

HacMan91 LawnSite Member

I dont know what to expect. Im not cutting labor day. I expect the whole week will be a wash out. Im going to put my truck and trailer in the front yard. I live in the woods and dont want any trees to fall where I usually park my equip. I hope the storm will down grade to a tropical storm. Opal did alot of damage in this area in '95.

2. jaybird

jaybird LawnSite Senior Member

we are caught up for the moment, we parked our equipment in a field full of real young pines.its about 300 acres no big trees.i hope it makes sence.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I started cutting Monday accoounts this evening, gonna be cuttin sat and sun. Here we are suppose to get rain late sun night through wed

4. sniggly

sniggly LawnSite Member

This storm is really screwing my service schedule up big time. Friday the news services were stating we would see the storm by 2pm Saturday.....so I took Friday to prep my property and equipment. NOW....FRANCES......has slowed to a crawl.......and can't MAKE UP HER MINNNNDDDDDDD.....where she wants to get out of the water.

HMMMMMPHHHHHH

Here in Jacksonville I can't just up and go across town and start working for fear of sudden un-announced bridge closures.

:-(

5. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you guys. I can only imagine and then some.