1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Any suggestions for an edger???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to buy one, for a solo operation who would only use it occasionally, whats the best kind???

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

If you only use it occasionally, and for an estabished edge just about any of the stick edgers will do. Or you can get an old walkbehind type. I bought an ancient Botag at a pawn shop it works good enough and has the power to establish an edge in a hurry.

3. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

stihl.

i also bought a used wb edger for $50 bucks...Mclane is the name brand. That works very well.

Trevor

4. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never used a stick edger, pretty easy to pick up on????? They seem a LOT easier to transport than the walk behind ones..

5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

good idea to have both,wb great for those overgrown walkways.and the stick great for weekly edging...

6. sthil fc 110 4 mix ...power galore ...get a star or 8 npoint blade and it will edge though stuff on sidwalks aint been edged in years .

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a crafstman walkbehind, I dont see the need to spend a lot of bux for a high dollar one. I do the same as camland a walk behind for the overgrown ones and a stick edger for weekly maintenece

8. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

I think Tanaka is one of the best,It is shaft driven as opposed to the belt kind.This is as far as walk behinds go anyway.