Any Suggestions on a "Nozzle Briefcase"

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by RhettMan, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

Just was at Lowes and found the craftsman version of the dewalt box. It's identical only red. 24.99

zr100 and woodlawnservice like this.
  2. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, Keter makes a bunch of these for different brands. I'm not sure if the latches will let different branded boxes stack though.

3. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I don’t know, but the craftsman one i had in my hands and the dewalt i saw on here were exact i think.

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

One thing an "all the nozzles" approach leads to is to stock more spray bodies of different makes and sizes. Keeping a system of Toro spray heads all-Toro means less nozzle boxes to schlep around on a service call.

5. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I've been married to the 570 series since the 70s and have in excess of 12,000 of their standard nozzles and 2000 Precisions. I still stock many other nozzles as Toro is the only male threaded body in common use out there.

While servicing other systems I run into all manner of the need for females (don't we all?).

Wet_Boots and Outlawn like this.
  6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I'd like the 570 heads more if they got stuck a little less often. Even the Rainbird 1800's seem 'stickier' than they used to be.

kawasaki guy likes this.
  7. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I've noticed the same thing. It has to do with the preoccupation of not wasting water during pop up. The "engineers" don't allow for variation in the seals for temperature changes.

kawasaki guy likes this.
  8. frumdig

frumdig LawnSite Senior Member
    from nunya

here's the box I use, I dont see this version in stores very often, and its poorly stocked at the moment, (with mostly vans at that, lol). I like to use this as my main box, and then a couple smaller boxes for the rest....
    20190114_161720.jpg

also regarding Toro, we run into very few Toro systems around here, and most of them have become a hodge podge of rain bird and hunter... I carry a few TVANs and strip nozzles.... but most of the time Toro heads just get replaced with an 1800 spray... I could maybe count less than 5 systems that still have 90% Toro heads... and if they do have that many original heads, it's because no one has serviced it in 10 years...

Love the Green Biz likes this.
  9. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I buy the best heads and it cost me about 4 bucks more per head than my best competitor.

...but every time shoes buys a million heads or so i gotta shell out 4 mil for my same number of heads:)