• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Any tricks?

Outdoor Creations

LawnSite Member
Hi, I have a couple of things:
*I have a Exmark 60, is there any tricks that anyone uses to change the blades. Sometimes they can get pretty tight and be a real pain to get off.
*I have a vac on the 60 and I always get a build up of grass in the top part where the rotor blades spin. When it does that it makes it harder to run nice and smooth.I can only reach in so far to get it scrapped or do you have to take it all apart.
Anyone ever use some kind of spray (cooking) on the shut to not have the grass cling to it?
Any ideas would help!
Thanks!

puppypaws

LawnSite Fanatic
Hi, I have a couple of things:
*I have a Exmark 60, is there any tricks that anyone uses to change the blades. Sometimes they can get pretty tight and be a real pain to get off.
*I have a vac on the 60 and I always get a build up of grass in the top part where the rotor blades spin. When it does that it makes it harder to run nice and smooth.I can only reach in so far to get it scrapped or do you have to take it all apart.
Anyone ever use some kind of spray (cooking) on the shut to not have the grass cling to it?
Any ideas would help!
Thanks!
Impact wrench is the best tool to remove blades, a cheap electric, battery powered or air will do the job very easily. The vibration from impact works much better than strong steady pressure and it is a lot easier on you. I have a cheap electric which has worked flawlessly but I also have the high torque 18 volt Dewalt, they are fairly expensive.

I snatch the mower up in the air with a chain fall, buzz the blades off and have the new ones on in less than 5 minutes. Lining the mower and getting the chain fall attached takes 2/3's of the time.