Anybody buy from Mchenry Power Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greyst1, May 10, 2011.

1. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Was thinking about buying from McHenry PE in Mchery, IL, anybody buy from them? They sell on eBay.

I called in and I was told i can pick up my product from Pace in Plymouth, MI which is only 3.5 hours away. Just looking to see if anyone has done some business with them or has arranged the same as i am doing. Can save about $500.00.

Thx

2. LaLawnGuy

LaLawnGuy LawnSite Member

I've been ordering lots of smaller parts(blades, filters,clutches, etc) from them this year. I've been very happy, am considering a MagnaMatic 9000 from them as well. Couldn't be happier.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. titanup04

titanup04 LawnSite Member

I ordered my magna-matic from them as well. They were good to deal with and shipped fast. No complaints.

4. ken k

ken k LawnSite Member

I will never do business with Mchenry power equipment again. I ordered a new plow for my truck with a snowstorm coming in a few days, they totally screwed up and I had to do small driveways with a snowblower instead of a truck with a plow. I had a $6000 scag rider serviced by them and besides trying to put a John Deere seat on a scag, I had to find that part myself and also if they would of done that it would of messed with the safety devices. I had a problem with the throttle and choke cable and they put parts that went on a scag walk behind on a scag rider. The final straw was when they tried fixing a electrical problem and that’s when they decided to cut one of the two wiring harnesses, I got the mower back after being charged a load of money, and used it for 10 seconds and that’s when the fuse that saved a $2500 engine blew so bad it was singed into the fuse housing and when I took it out it didn’t even look like a fuse. This past October I had to sink $800 into 2 new wiring harnesses that they damaged, so in my opinion stay away from McHenry power equipment because they do not have people that know what they are doing there when it comes to working on your equipment