Anybody done work for that "Plowz & Mowz"?

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by wes92395, Aug 7, 2014.

1. WenzelOSLLC

WenzelOSLLC LawnSite Senior Member

They do base the price they charge on how long someone says it takes to mow. (I just entered the info for the one im doing tomorrow.) It asks for how long to mow and if its a walk mower or rider. They take ~20%. Which would put me at close to where I'd charge.

2. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you get after their cut on average? Can you turn jobs away if the customer lies about what they have?

3. WenzelOSLLC

I don't know how specific i can get without being in trouble from them but if you go and fill out an estimate on their website and then knock 20% off you'll get an estimate of what you get paid. Use an address you know or do and then you can make judgement as to if it works for you. They show you the amount of money you will actually receive before accepting the job.

If you feel the customer made a mistake, there's a contact button right in the app that lets you communicate your concerns. The rep will contact the customer and straighten things out. I Imagine you could turn down the job at that point.

I've e-mailed them about whether they have plans to put some kind of contactor portal online to check jobs completed, when and how much you'll be paid, etc and they respond rather quick and have been helpful so far. They may need to adjust prices a bit but overall I'm happy so far.

You have to remember that you are a sub and obviously have to expect a little less than what you would normally charge.

4. WenzelOSLLC

Oh and by looking up a property by you, you would get a more accurate price as I think they have prices that reflect the market that is being serviced.

5. ScottTheLawnCareGuy

ScottTheLawnCareGuy LawnSite Member

I've worked for them before, and Ive had a pretty great experience with them. Yeah, they take a little cut of the price but if I take into account the time it would take to get new customers and to deal with collecting the money, (which now I don't even have to wait for as long) it is definitely worth it. I would for sure recommend to anyone looking to find some new customers.

6. luszczek

luszczek LawnSite Member

Signed up for some online lawn service had to share the pricing cause I almost fainted from laughing so hard IMG_4731.PNG

IMG_4732.PNG

IMG_4732.PNG

7. luszczek

luszczek LawnSite Member

I do some work for task easy and they are pretty good. Their pricing is spot on even after their cut u just have to weed thru the low end companies that they to sucker the new guys into running themselves out of business. If you are gonna rely on a third party stick to the big guns like task easy love lawn or now and plowz

8. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

I do understand that you couldn't expect to make a living for what they pay but for a one time if you're in the area or a route filler, what could it hurt? You're not tied to a contract and as long as you get paid the extra few minutes could cover the days lunch and fuel

9. Voiddweller

Voiddweller LawnSite Member

I won't even leave my driveway for less than 35.00.. they can keep the carpet rubbers and scavengers.. besides, any customers with a brain know better than to use a random service with totally random results. Lazy snow flakes that sit on the couch starring at their phone and tablet instead of caring about their property aren't customers I want in the first place. I'm in it for the Long haul.. I want owners, not renters. If I need quick money I'll just flood Craigslist for cleanup jobs and make much better money. I've put in way too much time and hard work into this. I won't pimp myself out for pennies on the dollar...

kawasaki guy and greggcam like this.
  10. OrtizLawnScape

OrtizLawnScape LawnSite Member

The app does a 70/30 split with the contractor. I've done a lot of work on the side after my regular accounts are done, so it's nice to have them be able to give you some lawns. I will say that you do get kind of screwed out of some of the deals because they don't give you as much as you would like to be making on your own, however a lot of them will ask you to do snowplowing if you show up to the same property a couple of times.

It's essentially just a requesting war, but if you did a good job on the property before you're more than likely to get the job again. I've had my issues with these guys, especially when realtors are the ones that are doing a request to show up to the house to actually see what the yard looks like. I use this app to help cover my taxes for the year, so I don't really have to dip too much into my own personal accounts to cover my taxes. The wintertime it's a lot worse with this app though, because the request will come in just as fast as it goes out. So by the time you want to have the request, it's already gone. They do a pretty good job about the snow plowing accounts though, I found that typically it Pays around $30-$35 per driveway for a small two car, but I've seen some of them go as high as $60-$90 for larger driveways.

You do have to sign a document saying that you won't take the customers, but if you show up to the property with all of your logos and they just so happen to take you on instead of using the app; there's always that. They actually just added a landscaping feature as well, but I have yet to see any landscaping jobs from this site/app. Hope that helps but ultimately it's up to you if you want to use it or not.