1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody give gift cards to top customers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Darryl G, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Hi. I was thinking of giving some gift cards from a local garden center to my top 5 or 10 long time customers as holiday gifts. Maybe $25 bucks each or so. These would be customers who come to me for all of their lawn care and landscaping needs on a consistent basis, pay on time and all of that stuff. Customers I'm fairly certain will be using me next season as well. The garden center would be a place they're familiar with and would be convenient for them.

Does anybody do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Not for Holidays. I give nice restaurant gift cards for referring customers. I have always felt that if the service provider is giving gifts he is charging me to much money. Send a nice personalized Christmas card.

3. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

I usually get gifts from my customers, not the other way around. I do send out thank you cards and will give discounts off of service for referrals.

4. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

don't but my family does it with their unrelated business. If your giving out a good amount of gift cards talk to the garden center, resteraunt, or where ever you choose about a deal. They hand out thousands in giftcards every year as christmas thank you and a form of rebate. The places only charge him 75% of the cards value and most often give him a card or two extra for himself. Push the place for a discount

Stores will do this because giftcards are shown to be one of the most successful marketting tools, a person using a gift card will typically spend 40-75% more than the cards value.

5. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I gave out a few this year, however only 2 were for clients, and those 2 give back way more than the cost of the cards... the rest were for property managers, contractors, etc.