1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody have any expierence with JD backpack blowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcnservices, Oct 12, 2003.

1. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

I am needing a bp blower. I ordered an Echo PB403. It's on a backorder and I don't know for how long still I'd have to wait for it and the leaves are coming down on me!
    I can get a new in the box John Deere BP50 (Kawasaki 49cc low emmision engine) from our local JD dealer for $305 (they sell for $389 average) This is a new unit with a 1 year commercial / 2 year consumer warranty. The dealer offered me a 2 year commercial warranty on this unit.

Anybody using this and how is it working for you?

Thanks
    PC

2. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm using a deere BP60 that I bought this spring. I like it a lot. It's not the most powerful on the market, but it's very reliable. Plus, I have great dealer support. I was going to buy a redmax because its so powerful, but no dealers around here and I don't want to have to drive 3 hours for parts.

I will be purchasing a second bp60 soon for fall cleanups.

Good luck

Ryan

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

4. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i like mine fine, starts second pull when it is cold always. Good power and good fuel econmy.

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

gotta love john deere " Nothing Runs Like a Deere"

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Very happy with my BP50. Always starts on 1st or 2nd pull no matter what. The Kawi is excellent and smooth.

7. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys - got my BP50 today. So far I'm very happy - paid only $304.99 + tax for it. A steal and a huge improvement from what I had.
    Good Luck
    PC