• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

anybody have experience with the new honda 4stroke trimmers

Nathan

LawnSite Member
Just curious if anyone has experience with honda's new four stroke line trimmer. I have heard very good things but haven't seem many people using them, have they not caught on yet or is there a problem with them. Also has anybody heard of honda coming out with a four stroke blower?

Chuck Sinclair

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by Nathan
Just curious if anyone has experience with honda's new four stroke line trimmer. I have heard very good things but haven't seem many people using them, have they not caught on yet or is there a problem with them. Also has anybody heard of honda coming out with a four stroke blower?

Love my Trimmer i have been using it all season and no problems. More power the the 2 stroke trimmers any day

Mark_Christopher

LawnSite Member
Ive checked them out at my local dealer. Never actually started one up and used it. the only thing i noticed is that they're much heavier than the 2 stokes...

Mark

Bryan Wilson

LawnSite Member
I've owned a 31cc Honda 4 stroke trimmer for two years and have both likes and dislikes.
LIKES: a good sturdy powerful unit especially suited for use with a blade for brush clearing.
DISLIKES: The weight is a problem if you are using it for extended periods of time. I think I've overcome this problem by adjusting the handle to balance the unit.

Unless you have a need for such a powerful unit, a lighter trimmer such as a shindiawa would probably be a better choice. I plan to buy a Shindiawa next season, a treat for my back and will keep the Honda for heavy jobs.

Lawnworks

LawnSite Fanatic
Northern sells them for $330. Check out Kawasaki trimmers at alamia.com I have felt them before and they are very well balanced. The 23 or 25 cc trimmer is extrmely light and well- balanced. I think it being balanced so well causes it to feel lighter. I think I am going to get the bigger trimmer from them.