anybody have experience with the new honda 4stroke trimmers

Nathan

LawnSite Member
Just curious if anyone has experience with honda's new four stroke line trimmer. I have heard very good things but haven't seem many people using them, have they not caught on yet or is there a problem with them. Also has anybody heard of honda coming out with a four stroke blower?

Chuck Sinclair

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by Nathan
Just curious if anyone has experience with honda's new four stroke line trimmer. I have heard very good things but haven't seem many people using them, have they not caught on yet or is there a problem with them. Also has anybody heard of honda coming out with a four stroke blower?

Love my Trimmer i have been using it all season and no problems. More power the the 2 stroke trimmers any day

Mark_Christopher

LawnSite Member
Ive checked them out at my local dealer. Never actually started one up and used it. the only thing i noticed is that they're much heavier than the 2 stokes...

Mark

Bryan Wilson

LawnSite Member
I've owned a 31cc Honda 4 stroke trimmer for two years and have both likes and dislikes.
LIKES: a good sturdy powerful unit especially suited for use with a blade for brush clearing.
DISLIKES: The weight is a problem if you are using it for extended periods of time. I think I've overcome this problem by adjusting the handle to balance the unit.

Unless you have a need for such a powerful unit, a lighter trimmer such as a shindiawa would probably be a better choice. I plan to buy a Shindiawa next season, a treat for my back and will keep the Honda for heavy jobs.

Lawnworks

LawnSite Fanatic
Northern sells them for $330. Check out Kawasaki trimmers at alamia.com I have felt them before and they are very well balanced. The 23 or 25 cc trimmer is extrmely light and well- balanced. I think it being balanced so well causes it to feel lighter. I think I am going to get the bigger trimmer from them.

Top Forums