1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

anybody have experience with the new honda 4stroke trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nathan, Oct 23, 2000.

1. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Just curious if anyone has experience with honda's new four stroke line trimmer. I have heard very good things but haven't seem many people using them, have they not caught on yet or is there a problem with them. Also has anybody heard of honda coming out with a four stroke blower?

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

4. Nathan

Nathan LawnSite Member

Thanks Bob.I still would love to hear any updates from people using them for while now.

5. cutting edge

cutting edge LawnSite Member

Honda also has a stick edger.

6. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Love my Trimmer i have been using it all season and no problems. More power the the 2 stroke trimmers any day

7. Mark_Christopher

Mark_Christopher LawnSite Member

Ive checked them out at my local dealer. Never actually started one up and used it. the only thing i noticed is that they're much heavier than the 2 stokes...

Mark

8. Bryan Wilson

Bryan Wilson LawnSite Member

I've owned a 31cc Honda 4 stroke trimmer for two years and have both likes and dislikes.
    LIKES: a good sturdy powerful unit especially suited for use with a blade for brush clearing.
    DISLIKES: The weight is a problem if you are using it for extended periods of time. I think I've overcome this problem by adjusting the handle to balance the unit.

Unless you have a need for such a powerful unit, a lighter trimmer such as a shindiawa would probably be a better choice. I plan to buy a Shindiawa next season, a treat for my back and will keep the Honda for heavy jobs.

9. chrisbolte

chrisbolte LawnSite Member

What are the average price for the 4 storkes that everyone is paying?

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Northern sells them for $330. Check out Kawasaki trimmers at alamia.com I have felt them before and they are very well balanced. The 23 or 25 cc trimmer is extrmely light and well- balanced. I think it being balanced so well causes it to feel lighter. I think I am going to get the bigger trimmer from them.