1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody know anything about these edgers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by boxoffire, Nov 19, 2004.

1. boxoffire

boxoffire LawnSite Member

It's a Hoffco SE301 model. Was wondering if they are commercial grade to be used primarily as a backup unit. May have a chance to grab it for less than $150. Here's a picture of it, I hope! Thanks for any input folks!

Hoffco SE301.jpg

2. boxoffire

Back to the top!

3. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

looks like my lesco which is a good unit

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Never heard of that brand. We use Shindaiwa split booms with the stick edger attatchments, and they work great. :)

5. boxoffire

Found a Shindaiwa used for $125 from a reputable seller. Might grab that one instead. The guy states that Hoffco is more known for their parts on ATV's, but do make some other power equipment. I was just curious if it was total junk that anybody was aware of. Thank you.

6. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

i've never heard of that one, either. I'd be concerned on how well it performs on unestablished edges due to the closed guard/deflector shield. Would it be more prone to clog? As a backup and under $150---sounds pretty reasonable to me.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hoffco's powerheads for earth augers are well built, but I was unaware they made edgers. Should be decent , though.

8. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Can't say I've ever heard of them before.