• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Anybody Know Dump Trucks?

betmr

LawnSite Bronze Member
I have a Mason Dump, with PTO lift mechanism (not electric pump). Truck PTO drives hydraulic pump to lift bed. I can't find a hydraulic reservoir, and the hoses just go straight to the lift cylinder. It's not lifting all the way. So I'm wondering how to check and fill the hydraulics. And is there a way to drain and replace the hydraulic oil?

The bracket that has the PTO engaged indicator light (on the dashboard), has the name Heil, on it. The dump body nomenclature plate says: GALION.... Model #152-U.... Serial #974882.... S.O. # 83 W FKG

It lifts, but only about half way. If anyone knows anything about this I would appreciate the help, Thanx.

dirthog

LawnSite Member
Look along the side of the cylinder there should be a plug or maybe two raise the bed up as far as it will go and put a prop under it then put oil in the cylinder then you can raise the bed on up an add oil till it runs out the plug hole

OP
B

betmr

LawnSite Bronze Member
Look along the side of the cylinder there should be a plug or maybe two raise the bed up as far as it will go and put a prop under it then put oil in the cylinder then you can raise the bed on up an add oil till it runs out the plug hole
Thanx, I believe that's the answer