Anybody out there Emailing Invoices?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KINGjosh, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. KINGjosh

    KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 531

    I just started to request an email address from all my customers. It will save money on paper and ink cartridges. Any body doing it? And how is it working?
  2. jim dailey

    jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 614

    I did it awhile back. The owners rented the house out while they were in Switzerland on business for a couple of years. I did the job, e-mailed the bill and the check arrived about a week later from the local (to me) bank. Never went into any problems. Worked just fine.
  3. sildoc

    sildoc LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,925

    I have around 15 accounts that I email invoices on. Easy and quick no ink used and no paper and envelops to deal with. I like it and quicken has a email link all set up to do it for me.
  4. ECS

    ECS LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,733

    About 1/2 of my customers are email billed. They like it better than a mailing, Never had a problem.
  5. DFW Area Landscaper

    DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX
    Messages: 2,116

    95% of my customers are on e-mail statements. I love it. I will invoice over 240 on Tuesday. About 5% are paper & envelope and the other 95% are e-mail. It will take me more time to invoice 5% with envelopes than it will take me to invoice the other 95%. Seriously, if I had to invoice all of them with paper & evenelopes, it would take me a couple of 10 hour days to get it done.

    DFW Area Landscaper
  6. jajwrigh

    jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN
    Messages: 1,405

    I email about 25% of my works as well as mail or door hanger bags.
  7. HK45Mark23

    HK45Mark23 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 200

    I took care of a house after some one moved out of state. I emailed their invoice. Matter of fact I had her send the check to my bank and asked her to endorse it for me I just had her put For deposit only and my account # and business name on it. This was a great arrangement. Too bad the house sold and I don’t have her for a customer any more.
  8. sheshovel

    sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 5,112

    Not only am I e-mailing invoices but I am e-mailing plans and estimates and pics of how the job is coming along to customers who live elsewhere and I am landscaping their 2nd home,vacation house or home they have moved out of and are fixing up to sell or rent out.If they cant be there it's nice to be able to communicate new ideas and get approval for unforeseen expenses that sometimes come up on a job
    Also it's nice if they happen to be going on vacation when they are scheduled for new landscaping,I can reassure them that we can stay in communication and send them pics when the work is done along with the final invoice and don't have to wait tell they come home for my $$.Most take laptops with them on vaca.
  9. KINGjosh

    KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 531

    I hope it all goes as expected! I really cant stand mailing them out anymore, lately my invoices haven't been getting out on time, and its messing up my cashflow.

    I can see it already from my latepayers, saying: Ow yah my computer crashed, so no I didn't get your bill. :angry:
  10. Team Gopher

    Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -
    Messages: 4,040

    <marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi All Lawns & Landcare,

    You also should consider letting people know they should turn off their spam filter on your email address, so your bill gets through.

    <table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Learn How to Make your own Logo. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>

Share This Page