1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody use .065 line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TwistedSister, May 28, 2008.

1. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I was wondering if anyone uses .065 diameter trimmer line. I am using .095 Echo Cross Fire currently and would like to use something that gives me more RPM's to work with. I know I could use .080 but I'm looking at something even smaller than that. I was also wondering for those of you that run .065 if it breaks too easily or wears too fast. Thanks :clapping:

2. BryceBentleyLCS

BryceBentleyLCS LawnSite Member

You are using the best line and size. If you want more Power you will need to get a more powerful trimmer. You dont want to run too many rpms it isnt good for the trimmer. .65 will just waste away IMO:usflag:

3. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

The thing is I was watching another lawn service today and the trim guy was blowing through and still doing a great job. It seemed like his trimmer cut the grass like butter without even dropping a single RPM. Maybe he had a big trimmer (didnt look like it) or I thought he was running a smaller line creating less resistance for the trimmer. Who knows, maybe I'm just an incompetent trimmer operator. :confused::hammerhead: