Anyone buy one of these yet?

douglee25

LawnSite Senior Member
Interesting. I would think you'd wear out those sanding drums fairly quickly? What does that unit cost?

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Would have to use one a couple of times before giving an opinion.

Still going to be down on our knees several times.. There is something to be said for taking the blades off the machine to examine them.

Might be legit, might be a gimmick.

Wye Oak Tree

LawnSite Fanatic
Interesting idea but I'll pass.

As you mentioned Mark, obviously the blades don't get balanced.
I scrape and clean out the deck just before putting sharp blades on. So I have to get down there anyway.

Looks like you still have to get down and rotate the blade edge to the front (middle blade) or to the side (side blades) so this tool can reach it.

How long will that camera last with metal grindings flying all over the place?

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
Interesting idea but I'll pass.

As you mentioned Mark, obviously the blades don't get balanced.
I scrape and clean out the deck just before putting sharp blades on. So I have to get down there anyway.

Looks like you still have to get down and rotate the blade edge to the front (middle blade) or to the side (side blades) so this tool can reach it.

How long will that camera last with metal grindings flying all over the place?
I haven't balanced a blade in yrs. Also have had no spindle issues in several mowers.
I do scrape the deck when swapping blades though.

Turf Tracer

LawnSite Fanatic
^^^^have had Mag8000 grinder w/balancer combo 20 yrs never once used balancer. Run stacked blades, no spindle issues. Rare bearing at worst.

Problem w/that thing is grind angle. I can Safely remove blades and install pre sharpened blades in under 10min. And getting perfect angle going to be much easier and faster off the mower.