Anyone do BIG cemeteries?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by UpstateServices, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Matthews Lawn Care

Matthews Lawn Care LawnSite Gold Member

They will somewhat but not enough for most professionals to replace gas completely.

What confuses me about all this “peacefulness” is where is everyones hearing protection? I mean sure the trimmers are quiet but running a mower isn’t.

Cam15 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    UpstateServices

UpstateServices LawnSite Member

I have over the ear Bluetooth headphones I love, sure there’s background noise but it’s so consistent I find it peaceful. The “peaceful” part was really directed at the fact there’s no customers looking out their windows hounding you.

Cam15, hort101 and Matthews Lawn Care like this.
  3. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

It depends greatly on how thick the grass is and how hard you run the machine. I have a light touch and 4-5 batteries would probably last all day on the dewalt. Keep in mind that three batteries in rotation keeping one on the charger would do it.

Also this amp hour talk... voltage matters. The popular dewalt battery is 12 amp hour, that's at 20 volts the trimmer is 60 volts so the battery is good for 4 amp hour at 60v.

I believe Milwaukee offers a huge backpack battery that would go about all day.

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  4. Matthews Lawn Care

Yeah, I knew what you were implying but some of the others make me wonder.

5. Matthews Lawn Care

There is a “2020 battery operated equipment” thread.

Last I checked this was about maintaining big cemeteries?

6. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Silver Member

Like I said, I zeroed in on the word peaceful, thus the suggestion.

What difference does it make where you are trimming? Time trimming is time trimming. Bear in mind we have been talking about weekly trimming only, not heavy stuff.
    You state the battery powered one you used that you could get 1.5hrs of trimming time out of it, I said I've gotten an hour out of mine. That's 6-8 battery changes in an 8 hour shift.
    Neither of us were using the best batteries available so its probable it could be less.

Like I stated, I zeroed in on the word peaceful. If peaceful is the number one priority then my option is worth considering.

7. OP
    OP
    UpstateServices

UpstateServices LawnSite Member

Moneys the priority, peacefulness is far behind. But a nice addition to the experience.

8. Crazy 4 grass

Also I apologize I did not mean to derail this thread. It was merely a thought .

9. Matthews Lawn Care

Maybe consider it for 20 lawns.

He’s asking about trimming 5400+ headstones. Do you know how much trimming that is, weekly trimming.

10. Crazy 4 grass

We are going to have to agree to disagree here. Ironically in part revolving around the word peaceful :laugh:

Mark Stark and Cam15 like this.