Anyone do lawn rolling ?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mbigred, Apr 13, 2013.

  1. birddseedd

    birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,111

    only $2499.00
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

    DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 9,267

    My Dad runs an older cultimulcher (same as your cultipacker) on his cloddier crop fields, really knocks those clods out and smooths things out.
  3. Ridin' Green

    Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan
    Messages: 17,474

    A culti-packer is another soil firming tool, but is different than what I was referring to earlier. They are called a rolling or roller harrow, and are pulled behind a disk mulcher, field cultivator, disk ripper etc.
  4. thingcrazy

    thingcrazy LawnSite Member
    Messages: 2

    I'm in commercial ag and vested in lawn service as well. Correct in not comparing lawns and commercial agriculture. Farmers use the equipment mentioned earlier such as turbo till, cultipackers and are masters of implementing no till practices.Soil Compaction is top of mind with farmers and have extensive $ equipment along with strategic crop management programs in place.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Mdirrigation

    Mdirrigation LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,717

    There is a guy on craigs list that will make any size you want .
  6. jmcnicoll

    jmcnicoll LawnSite Member
    Messages: 22

    I roll my bent grass putting green that is planted on 80% sand, but would never roll an established lawn. I too have a problem with professionals offering it as it most cases it causes more harm than good. New seed or sod only!

Share This Page