• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Anyone double cutting yet?

Lawn-Scapes

LawnSite Silver Member
Cut 5 accounts today (5 acres) and had to double cut just about every square foot. What fun!!! Just the beginning of a long 2 months ahead...... Wish Primo was more affordable!

LwnmwrMan22

LawnSite Platinum Member
Shoot.... haven't hardly started clean-ups here. It was a high of 51 again today, 24 hours of rain, low of 32 tonight. It was 88 on Monday. What fun Minnesota is.

GrassBustersLawn

LawnSite Senior Member
Got a 1/4 inch rain yesterday & about the same again today. First rain we've had since the snow melted. NO DOUBLE CUTTING YET, but they are calling for rain the next for days, so we'll probably be up to our ARSE in grass next week. Had it EASY so far, double cutting to start soon.

Mike

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
I hope they are paying for double cutting. I can't imagine doing it at normal rates. Something would have to give if the growth rate was that extreme. If not growth, then I'd be getting some new equipment.

joshua

LawnSite Bronze Member
double cutting is a must for me, yes the blades are changed regularly, the decks are cleaned daily, and i'm on a 4 or 5 day schedule. but it doesn't work cut one of my 4 day customers today was taking 3'' of grass on a very thick lawn. it could of been triple cut but i raised the deck up a half inch before i started so i'll recut it in 2 days.

tiedeman

LawnSite Fanatic
I just double cut one tonight about 18,000 sq ft

lawnmedic1

LawnSite Member
All of my jobs are figured with double cutting. Second cut can usually be done in about half the time of the first cut. Don't have to be as precise around trees and such and your just following the stripes already laid...Chuck