Anyone else have this problem with the scag 61'' velocity + deck.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AnythingCanHappe, Aug 15, 2019.

1. AnythingCanHappe

AnythingCanHappe LawnSite Member

if you look at the picture you can see like a line left in the grass. You can see it more noticeable on the green stripe towards the left side of the cut about 8 inches from the tire mark. I have changed blades 3 times. Speed does not matter. height of the deck does not matter i tried to adjust the front baffle that did nothing. I am at a loss. Deck is not bent or anything as I swapped to a spare deck i have and its still doing the same thing.

68838637_434670867137453_7404777880367923200_n.jpg

67934252_708812776227322_4297417570547400704_n.jpg

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

there was a thread about this posted a few weeks ago. it's normal. all of them do it somewhat.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  3. Mownmachine144

Mownmachine144 LawnSite Senior Member

It's hard for me to see bad from that good looking yard!:laugh:

4. OP
    OP
    AnythingCanHappe

I searched and couldnt find the thread. Could you post up a link to that thread. I Sure hope its not normal. Keeps making me double cut lawns. I don't remember my old scag tiger cat doing it. Nor do I remember it from all of last year

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I know Scag says their decks should be set flat without pitch, but what you are having problems with is one reason to have at least 1/4" of pitch. If the blades are dead level front to rear, the rear is dragging on the surface already cut by the front side of the blades and makes things issues pop up that shouldn't.

K c m, flybynite and Myers Lawn Care like this.
  6. Locke Lamora

Locke Lamora LawnSite Member
    Male, from MA

Ive actually begun noticing something like this on my v-ride this year. Been thinking I should adjust the deck a little, it isn't bad enough to be a real issue yet for me.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

https://www.lawnsite.com/threads/white-streak-when-mowing.489442/

yours doesn't look all that bad compared to what others are seeing in their cut.

Mownmachine144, flybynite and hort101 like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    AnythingCanHappe

I am going to mess with the pitch and see if that makes a difference

Mower hasnt done it the first 600hrs. Maybe something finally worn down/in and messed the pitch up. Sounds like a good spot to start

Locke Lamora likes this.