Anyone ever buy a Gizmow yet???

OP

900rf

LawnSite Member
So far so good, I am only cutting 2 acres at a time though, I would like to see a few improvements in design, a cover over front pulley on engine to keep any towels, rags loose shirt from getting caught up and possibly someone getting hurt.. better cup holders and a small attached tool box-holder for small items and a different side chute cover with a rod to lift up like a Dixie chopper has.. Had 1 problem with nuetral switch which actually turned out to be a loose bolt -- while sitting mower wheels kept going backwards. Mower seems to cut real good, won't boge down even in high grass.

pylnrcr

LawnSite Member
Any more field reports?
All good here. Only issue I've had is a left front caster tire that kept losing air, but it's fixed now. I'm a private owner but an LCO friend of mine tried it, liked it, and has used it on several occasions. He especially likes to take it to one of his commercial accounts that has a lot of road frontage because of the color - he cuts along a busy road and likes the way it stands out. Drivers can't miss that color :clapping:

I also like the idea of a guard or shroud over the front pulley area after reading of the towel episode and I use a foam huggy thing that keeps drinks in place.

pylnrcr

LawnSite Member
Anymore field reports
Still good here - mine is running well with no issues. However, I'm getting ready to buy a house that has a little more than four acres of woods that are mowed, and I intend to keep it that way. I guess mowing in and around several hundred trees will help test the wisdom of buying a hot rod, zero turn with a steering wheel.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Still good here - mine is running well with no issues. However, I'm getting ready to buy a house that has a little more than four acres of woods that are mowed, and I intend to keep it that way. I guess mowing in and around several hundred trees will help test the wisdom of buying a hot rod, zero turn with a steering wheel.

that sounds great. glad it worked out for you.How was your thanksgiving??

pylnrcr

LawnSite Member
that sounds great. glad it worked out for you.How was your thanksgiving??
Good - hope it was the same for you and others. From reading your posts, it sounds like the Gizmo is somewhere on your list of "want to try its". If you happen to find yourself in the Central Ohio area someday, you would be more than welcome to try mine (that goes for anyone on this board). Just send a PM.

John Gamba

LawnSite Fanatic
Good - hope it was the same for you and others. From reading your posts, it sounds like the Gizmo is somewhere on your list of "want to try its". If you happen to find yourself in the Central Ohio area someday, you would be more than welcome to try mine (that goes for anyone on this board). Just send a PM.

Thanks my holiday was fine and thanks for the invite. i like new ideas but i wish there was a dealer close by. maybe soon i hope.