Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I ordered a trimmer rack from them. I sent the check out over two weeks ago and still nothing has arrived. The guy said they would ship it out as soon as they got the check. Is Preco a legit company or did I fall victem to a scam??

·
Registered
614 Posts
procut said:
A few weeks ago I ordered a trimmer rack from them. I sent the check out over two weeks ago and still nothing has arrived. The guy said they would ship it out as soon as they got the check. Is Preco a legit company or did I fall victem to a scam??
I used them a few years back. Have a store about 50 miles down the road from me. I used a c.c., instead of check. Got the items "in hand". A JRCO Tine Rake, a Miryama string trimmer and some smaller items. They have quite the inventory. At least they did a few years ago. If you have online banking...check to see the status of your check. If it is cashed, call them for the staus on your shipment. Good Luck.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I placed an order and it took two MONTHs to get to me. They said they lost the order, then lost the CC #, then back ordered, then could they sub something else.

Just my experience, I did get everything, but it took a long time :cry:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I placed an order with them July 1st using my credit card. Got a confirmation email that the order was received and the amount has been charged to my CC. I'll let ya know how long it takes to get my rack.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My Preco rack was just delivered today via UPS. Like I said, I ordered July 1st, so not bad delivery time considering the long July 4th weekend.

However it was poorly packed (1 small piece of bubble wrap and some newspaper crammed in) and came with no instructions or mounting hardware at all.

I'm not quite sure how they assume it would be attached to the trailer with 1 small pre-drilled hole on the bottom of each piece. Guess I have to drill some holes and figure out my own way to mount it.

Paying the extra $14.95 for the 3 same keyed locks was a waste of money.

I don't think I'd order from this company again.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I got a bank statement in the mail today, and sure enough, the check had been cashed. I'll wait a few more days, but if its not here by the middle of next week I'll call.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I ordered the same trimmer rack, it came poorly packaged and had to call them to see where it was 1 or 2 times, I paid for mine with a CC took about 2 weeks I think to get it. A decent rack but poor service and packaging. My 1st impression wasnt very good but I hadnt heard anyone else comment so...................

·
Registered
246 Posts
I ordered some Walker parts from them couple of years ago. Never again... It took more than a month to get everything right. It too was poorly packaged and shipped. They were somewhat helpfull with tracking it down and finding out how to fix the problem.

I would not order anything from them again.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I must have lucked out. I ordered a trimmer rack from them last year and got it a few days later, plus they threw in 3 keyed alike locks at N/C. I'd have never given it another thought to order from them again...but looks like many have problems with them.

Buck

·
Registered
142 Posts
well i ordered a trimmer rack from them on July second with the cc so i waited and waited i called them today the guy said (i think supervisor) he just got back on vacation and the guys in the back of the shop did not order any when he was gone i told him about this thread and he was surprised he threw is some locks and he said he was personally going to get on here and check it out i told him "you can sell a million parts but if you cant get them out on time we....as in lco's.... will find someone that would he said he was going to have a board meeting and talk about shipping"...he agreed totally and apologized oh i told him about no bolts and info about installation and he said he would draw up something and put it in the box from now on

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I went back and researched my problem with preco some more. I had gotten a new trailer the last week in 2004 and had ordered the trimmer rack for it also so I could claim it on 2004 taxes. When I didnt recieve the rack I called and the salesman checked and said UPS was holding it, that it was billed and shipped on Dec27th. Well I figured they haD forgot and lost the order with the christmas holidays. I checked the billing out when it arrived and it was billed and shipped the same day dec 27th.
Why did UPS hold my order for over a week? Does preco owe UPS alot of money you think? Is that why they hold there orders? slow pay?. Ive never heard of a shipping company hold an order for no reason.
Any way I had all that documented in my records and I went back and pulled it up to share with yall
wayne

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I bought mine locally. I paid more for it tho. $99 bucks I think it was. Works well but when we welded it on we reinforced it. I would go with gridiron or trimmer trap next time just for the higher quaility. Scratches up my trimmer handles pretty well. We welded a angle iron across the towers of it and plasma cut some holes in it to hold shoves and rakes and brooms.

·
Banned
3,594 Posts
www.trimmertrap.com

&

www.junglejimsap.com

Sponsors of the site and everything I have read has been positive. I got jungle wheels and rack from trimmer trap - still in good shape, good prices, quick delivery.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.