anyone ever rented a mower

DiSantolandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
has anyone ever rented a zero turn mower to get started and save money up to buy one? We have several rental companys around here that will rent them so much a day. I got everything in place but a good reliable mower because my co signer fell through on me at the last minute. i got tools, serivce agreements, push mower, new stihl trimmer, all i need to pick up is a blower, and a ztr.

whoopassonthebluegrass

LawnSite Platinum Member
Find a cheap, but commercial duty USED mower. Make it work for a season and then see where you stand.

I've bought six new mowers in my career, but my favorite (and most effective mower) ended up being a $500 52" w/b I bought at an auction, almost 20 years old...

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
John Deere has a good financing program for landscapers. If you are interested, go to the dealer and get an application.

They don't just sell Deere products. Mine sells Stihl and a bunch more too.

I get approved at alot of companies that I might use, at some point. Then when I have to purchase equipment quickly.....the financing is already in place.

Last edited:
OP
D

DiSantolandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
ive tried i got two bad things on my credit so they wont finance me, and i had a good co signer but he decided to back out at the last minute so now i have nothing but a push mower to use. which i can do what i got with that but i want to get some commercial account so i was wondering if it would be at all profitable to rent a machine if you can get all of you accounts done in one or two days? just to get started

Landrus2

LawnSite Fanatic
Renting equipment gets pricey look for a used mower if you were close to me I would lend you a ex mark for few days a week until you get on your feet

retrodog

LawnSite Silver Member
Leasing has huge tax and writeoff benefits. I know companies that lease all trucks, trailers, and equipment for the sheer 100% write off. You might talk to your cpa...
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
D

DiSantolandscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
so im going to go out and bid on all of the commercial jobs like i was come end of feb, and if i get some lined up then maybe i can convince my grandfather to co sign. i had a brand new kubota with trailer 0% financeing for 161 a month but need the co signer which sucks. so close but so far a way

jp@absolute

Banned
Thanks for asking the question for me. I am in the same boat as you due to the fact of getting rear ended in Jan of 2010 and suffered from a herniated disc in my back. Wish there was an easier way for us little guys with bad to no credit.