1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever seen either of these in use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The Husqvarna Swedish rider.

riders_large_190x359.jpg

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Or the Simplicity Lancer

m_lancer.jpg

3. therainman

therainman LawnSite Member
    from IL

never seen one in use but think they sell 'em at slowes here.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One of my competitors has the Husky. He has had it for a little over a year and he's not real happy with it. It spends more time on the trailer than his riding tractors. He's trading it in on a Husky ZTR this winter.

5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I looked at the Husky and was set on getting it. That is until I started looking at WB. I will tell you it is built like a tank. Lowes started selling them this year, but it is the base line model that they carry. The one I looked at had a beefed up transmission, Kawi engine (as opposed to the B&S) and had bumpers. I got to try it out and I will say it cuts quite nice. I'm was looking at it for residential purposes so I'm sure it works quite well in that application. They also make a 20hp version that apparantly several LCO's around here are using, however, at 6K each, it is probably a better choice to go with a ZTR. The main drawbacks that I saw were that it was a dedicated mulcing deck, and only a 40" cut. The price for the one PRO 15 that I looked at was $3,800. I've never seen the Simplicity, is that a euro spec model??