1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever try making designs with their stripes??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Feb 25, 2004.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Has any one hear tried anything different with their stripes? Not like basic checkers or diamonds? Any one ever use circles or curves?

I think in the spring i would like to stripe the American Flag in my house lawn.

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

you must have seen the pic in this months Turf mag.

3. David Shaw

David Shaw LawnSite Member

If you do a flag post a pic. I was thinking the same thing myself. The National Guard armory is taking bids on thier mowing. Wouldn't it be neat to be able to do a flag in that turf?

4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

I cut a couple of million dollar homes and iv put there last name in the lawn, they never said sh$% but i though it was cool.

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

All the time. Curves, rainbows, circles, arrows, v shapes. All depends how I feel at the time. I know a bunch a guys on here do it. I had a couple of picks, but the hard drive crashed on me. I'll try an get some this year.

Its almost time to start the "Stripes 2004" thread anyway;)

6. Danimal

Danimal LawnSite Member

I like doing s curves, circles and I once started in the middle of a large lawn and did a spiral. You can be really creative and its fun if the customer doesn't mind. I saw a book once on how to cut different patterns.

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Yay!!!! Can't wait!!

8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

I usually keep my lines straight, but my new employees always manage to make ........ 'interesting' lines. :D
    Newbs on lazers is scarier than REALLY old ppl on the freeway. Maybe that should be my new signature. lol

9. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

guys could i see some pics of your more creative work.

10. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I've done curves a few times & they look real sharp. I don't have pictures of them, but maybe later this spring after the mowing starts.