• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Anyone ever try making designs with their stripes??

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
Has any one hear tried anything different with their stripes? Not like basic checkers or diamonds? Any one ever use circles or curves?

I think in the spring i would like to stripe the American Flag in my house lawn.

David Shaw

LawnSite Member
If you do a flag post a pic. I was thinking the same thing myself. The National Guard armory is taking bids on thier mowing. Wouldn't it be neat to be able to do a flag in that turf?

bastalker

LawnSite Senior Member
All the time. Curves, rainbows, circles, arrows, v shapes. All depends how I feel at the time. I know a bunch a guys on here do it. I had a couple of picks, but the hard drive crashed on me. I'll try an get some this year.

Its almost time to start the "Stripes 2004" thread anyway;)

Danimal

LawnSite Member
I like doing s curves, circles and I once started in the middle of a large lawn and did a spiral. You can be really creative and its fun if the customer doesn't mind. I saw a book once on how to cut different patterns.

Acute Cut

LawnSite Senior Member
I usually keep my lines straight, but my new employees always manage to make ........ 'interesting' lines. :D
Newbs on lazers is scarier than REALLY old ppl on the freeway. Maybe that should be my new signature. lol

OP
TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ

LawnSite Senior Member
guys could i see some pics of your more creative work.

Let it Grow

LawnSite Senior Member
I've done curves a few times & they look real sharp. I don't have pictures of them, but maybe later this spring after the mowing starts.